FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 04/14/16
TO: Grant County Media
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT
Heather Massart, Public Information Officer
National Public Health Week
GCHD launches their new interactive website and 2015 Video Annual Report.
GRANT COUNTY, WA – To celebrate National Public Health Week (April 4-10), GCHD launched their new interactive website and their 2015 video annual report (www.granthealth.org). In 2015 GCHD focused on building onto their new brand, which included a logo, social media accounts and a new website. GCHD is always seeking new ways to open up the channels of direct communications with the public and community partners. Need a birth/ death certificate, food worker card, septic permit, or food application, GCHD’s new website is here to help you.
The different sections of the GCHD website will make it easy and accessible for you to quickly find the information you are looking for.
- For our healthcare partners, we will provide you with access to all your reporting forms for notifiable conditions and STIs. This will also be a place for you to get past and present Epi updates and provider alerts.
- For the general public, you will be able to stay informed on all public health news. You will be able to find information and resources on healthy eating, active living, immunizations, sexual health, tobacco, marijuana, e-cigarettes and much much more!
- Restaurant inspection reports will be coming soon.
The 2015 video annual report is a snap shot of the outstanding work accomplished by the health district staff, Grant County Board of Health and community partners. GCHD started using a video format last year and plans to continue the tradition of using new technology to share the hard work of the 25 full time and part time staff (http://bit.ly/1Vt03TY).
A new interactive website combined with social media and other emerging communication technologies will allow GCHD to connect with residents to:
- Increase the timely notifications of health and safety information.
- Connect with other public health networks and partners to facilitate information sharing.
- Expand reach to include broader, more diverse audiences.
- Create a place for interactive communication, connection, and public engagement.
- Empower people to make safer and healthier decisions.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to receive all GCHD press releases.
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/GCHD.WA
Twitter handle: @GCHD_WA