If you plan to travel outside the country, you may need immunizations to protect yourself against diseases that aren’t common in the United States.
Th CDC Health Information for International Travel (commonly called the Yellow Book) is published every two years as a reference for health professionals providing care to international travelers and is a useful resource for anyone interested in staying healthy abroad. The fully revised and updated CDC Yellow Book 2018 codifies the U.S. government’s most current travel health guidelines, including pretravel vaccine recommendations, destination-specific health advice, and easy-to-reference maps, tables, and charts.
- The latest information about emerging infectious disease threats such as Zika, Ebola, and MERS
- New cholera vaccine recommendations
- Updated guidance on the use of antibiotics in the treatment of travelers’ diarrhea
- Special considerations for unique types of travel, such as wilderness expeditions, work-related travel, and study abroad
- Destination-specific recommendations for popular itineraries, including new sections for travelers to Cuba and Burma
Access the Yellow Book Online
Access the Yellow Book on your Mobile Device
The 2018 Yellow Book is available as an app for your Android or iOS mobile device.
- Visit the iTunes app store to get the app on your iPhone or iPad: CDC Yellow Book 2018 – for iOS.
- Visit the Google play store for the Android app: CDC Yellow Book 2018 – for Android
Find other travel health information on the CDC Travelers’ Health website, including: