What is a Notifiable Condition?
In Washington, healthcare providers, healthcare facilities, clinical laboratories, veterinarians, and others have responsibilities for reporting suspected or confirmed cases of certain conditions under public health surveillance to their local health jurisdiction (GCHD).
For a list of what conditions are reportable, the minimum reporting information required, reporting timeframes, specimen submission guidance, and supplemental reporting for outbreaks and rare diseases can be found by clicking on the links below to the Department of Health’s Notifiable Conditions website.
- Washington State Department of Health Notifiable Conditions Lists
- Grant County Health District Required Notifiable Conditions List
- Washington State Department of Health Notifiable conditions for Health Care Provider
- Washington State Department of Health Notifiable Conditions for Health Care Facility
- Washington State Department of Health Notifiable Conditions for Clinical Laboratory
- Washington State Department of Health Notifiable conditions for Veterinarian
- To learn more visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website for an A-Z list of common diseases and conditions
Reporting notifiable conditions in Grant County.
- Call GCHD at (509)-766-7960 fax (509) 764-2813
- For urgent public health emergencies or immediately notifiable conditions (24 hours a day) call after hours phone (509) 398-2083