Mission: Safe Kids Grant County is a coalition of public, private and voluntary organizations, working to prevent accidental injuries to children 14 and under by stimulating changes in attitudes, behavior, and the environment.
Safe Kids Grant County Coalition is proudly lead by the Grant County Health District
Coalition focus areas:
- Child Passenger Safety
- Our goal is to ensure that children are transported safely and to educate parents about the importance of transporting children in properly fitted and installed car seats or boosters. Visit our child passenger safety page for more information.
- Drowning Prevention
- Our goal is to provide community outreach on life jacket use and active adult supervision while swimming by distributing water watcher cards and educational materials at water safety events. Visit our drowning prevention page for more information.
- Pedestrian and Bike Safety
- Our goal is to reduce the number of head injuries associated with the lack of bicycle helmets and unsafe walking environments. Visit our pedestrian and bike safety page for more information.
- Accidental Poisoning
- Our goal is to reduce the number of accidental poisons by proving safe and secure locations around Grant County to dispose of your unwanted or unused medication.
Other Great Sources of Information