First Tooth – First Birthday – First Dental Appointment
What is ABCD?
Access to Child and Baby Dentistry (ABCD) is a statewide program that ensures access to dental care for children 0-5 years old. The program promotes good oral health habits and connects families to dentists trained to work with children.
What Does Our Local ABCD Program Do?
- Help families find a dental office and schedule appointments
- Assist families in overcoming barriers to dental care such as finances, transportation and interpretation
- Provide oral health information
- Attend community outreach events and deliver oral health presentations
Who is Eligible?
Any child 0-5 years of age on Washington Apple Health Insurance (Medicaid) is eligible for this program.
What are ABCD Children Eligible For?
- Three fluoride varnish applications per year
- Two dental examinations per year
- Two parent education sessions per year
- Two oral health screenings and fluoride varnish at a school or WIC clinic
- Dental care as needed including cleanings and treatment
Who is an ABCD Provider?
Several dental offices in our area are ABCD providers and have been trained to provide dental care for ABCD-eligible children. Please call the ABCD Coordinator for a list of participating Dental offices in our area. For more help please feel free to contact our ABCD Coordinator at the contact information below.
Teachers/ Community Organizations
Please contact us if you have a need for oral health information or resources and we can see how we can help.
Resources and Links:
- National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center
- Oral Health Program (Washington State Department of Health)
- CDC Child Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
Grant County Health District
1038 W Ivy St, Moses Lake WA 98837
509-766-7960 ext 19