Welcome to the Grant County Health District
The Grant County Health District (GCHD) strives to make Grant County a safer and healthier place to live, learn, work and play. We provide a wide variety of public health services that protect our community against diseases, injuries, and promote healthy lifestyles to all residents and visitors.
We promote population health for all citizens through our health district divisions. From the restaurants you eat at, to the public pool you swim in our environmental health staff are inspecting and working with property owners to assure your health and safety.
We continually evaluate our programs and how we provide services to ensure that we are serving the community to our fullest potential. We provide policy support and analysis, as well as conduct surveys and provide assessment services.
Just a few of our services include adult immunizations, communicable disease prevention, food establishment inspections, food worker card testing, septic system permitting and inspections, HIV/AIDS support, birth and death certificates, injury prevention– including a child car seat program, emergency preparedness and response, healthy eating, and active living.
- Our healthy communities division is working with community organizations and coalitions to look at the policies, environment, and systems that impact your health both good and bad. Such as our healthy retail with local farmers’ markets and local grocery stores, safe walking and biking routes to school, and breastfeeding friendly communities. We facilitate meetings and build coalitions to help discuss and address the health of each of our communities.
- Our community public health nursing division works with local healthcare providers, schools, nursing homes and employers to control the spread of illnesses and diseases. Our public health nurse team has established strong relationships with healthcare providers to quickly identify and recommended next steps to control the spread of illnesses and outbreaks.
- Our Environmental Health staff work with communities to identify, educate, and advice ways of correcting the sources of pollution or disease. In order to protect the public’s health we develop and enforce rules addressing water, food safety, sewage, and garbage.
- Our Assessment division analysis on policy support, data, and survey design.
- Our Administrative services division provides skilled support to all the programs above, human resources and information technology.
For further information or to contact the Grant County Health District please call (509) 766-7960 or send us an e-mail.